The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is currently recruiting and accepting applications to join the Canadian Real Estate Association in the capacity of External Advisor to the Board of Directors for a one-year term (with the possibility of a one-year renewal). The Advisor works with CREA’s Directors and CEO to guide the Association as it makes decisions to benefit more than 150,000 members. As a Board Advisor you are strongly committed to the CREA vision, mission and values; have known personal and professional integrity and have experience with, or are comfortable with, a strategic — as opposed to operational role.
You are a strategically minded leader who wants to give back and mentor, but also comfortable speaking your mind to promote a world-class professional association within a dynamic industry. We are seeking a passionate and well-connected Board Advisor with a track record of success who brings strong business experience to the table. This role will be deeply rewarding for those who welcome a challenge.
The Board Advisor position will help strengthen the CREA’s business strategy and assist in building and expanding opportunities for growth. The Advisor will support the work of CREA and provide leadership insight and strategic governance through attendance and participation at CREA Board of Director meetings (to be held hybrid or, where possible, in-person).
An honorarium will be provided commensurate with the Advisor’s experience.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced business professional known for your wisdom and judgment
- You thrive on challenges and you find ways to address them in creative ways
- You are tech savvy and can provide support based on your professional experience and understanding of the impacts of technology on people, process and systems
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates should have experience in senior management roles; relevant experience as a Director in business or the not for profit sector.
We are looking for candidates with experience in several key areas including:
- Disruptive Technology
- Corporate Governance
- Previous board experience is not mandatory but highly valued. The strength, depth and diversity of your experiences across the United States and Canada in industry or within a profession is essential.
- Understanding of the non-profit sector, the real estate industry and technology is preferable but not required.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, outlining unique qualifications, to the attention of Tracy Tapp, Director, People & Culture at: email@example.com.
CREA is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist environment for all our employees, volunteers and members. We believe this ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and anti-racism efforts is the right thing to do. It is also integral to the long-term success and sustainability of our association and will result in far-reaching benefits for our membership and beyond.
< Back to Careers