The Government Relations Manager, will develop and maintain business relationships with relevant real estate industry stakeholders and government officials. You will conduct research, provide analysis and recommendations for positions, actions, strategies and partnerships for the federal government relations program of The Canadian Real Estate Association.
The Government Relations Manager will also help to plan and organize CREA’s yearly Political Action Committee (PAC) Days on Parliament Hill. You will be responsible for monitoring public policy, legislation, and political issues that impact home buyers, sellers and the estate sector.
Director, Government Relations
The Government Relations Manager provides advocacy, outreach and research support to the federal government relations program of The Canadian Real Estate Association.
- Strategic Thinking
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Establishing Trust
- Develop and maintain partnerships with federal government officials as well as real estate Boards and Associations
- Prepare and present executive briefing materials on issues and policy areas of interest, collaborating with subject matter experts internally and externally as required.
- Inform management on government relations issues, provide analysis as well as viable options and recommendations for positions, actions, strategies and partnerships
- Manage government relations activities with relevant real estate industry stakeholders and government officials
- Monitor and conduct research on relevant public policy, legislative, regulatory and political issues in relations to the real estate industry
- Help plan and organize CREA’s yearly Political Action Committee (PAC) Days on Parliament Hill
- Conduct research and monitor public policy, legislation, regulations and political issues as they relate to The Canadian Real Estate Association, with a possible impact on homebuyers and the real estate sector
- Undertake other projects/duties as assigned by the Director Government Relations
- University degree, certificate or equivalent experience in government relations or a related field.
- 3-5 years working experience in an elected official’s office, or in government relations
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in volunteer development is considered to be a significant asset.
- Experience in public policy research, including legislative analysis.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Flexible, cooperative and able to take initiative
- Proven ability to build a network of contacts
- French language skills considered an asset
** This position does require some travel post pandemic
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers