As a natural collaborator, you’ll work closely with a broad group of stakeholders and subject matter experts to inspire and lead discussions both internally with colleagues and externally with customers. You’ll lead a collaborative team of Business Analysts and UX/UI Designers and partner with product managers, software architects, engineering leads, and other job functions, to deliver industry leading experiences across CREA’s products and services.
You must have excellent communication skills, energy, and thoughtfulness to build and deliver the best experiences in the world for our users.
Associate Director, REALTOR.ca
- Attention to detail
- User Research
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
As the Manager of Experience Design, you will lead and manage a growing team of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designers, and business analysts to advocate for the customer by designing holistic and intuitive experiences across digital platforms including web and mobile apps.
In this role you will:
- Lead, manage and grow a team of talented UX and UI Designers and business analysts that support our digital agile teams and digital products (web, mobile, apps, etc.).
- Expand the value of UX within the organization and across all products and establish design metrics that show the value of UX.
- Advocate the value of UX and continuously communicate with stakeholders up, down, and across the organization regarding key deliverables resulting in positive customer outcomes.
- Define and own the user research vision and roadmap, and drive research priorities that contribute to delivering compelling product experiences.
- Conduct and/or partner on user research studies and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Discover customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research, and identify solutions to meet those needs.
- Be a fast-paced innovator who can prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, from conceptual to tangible).
- Provide leadership and mentor your team on best practices in UX design and research to scale the team’s processes.
- Grow design competency through identifying and tracking training and development needs in your team and finding different ways to satisfy those needs.
- Manage team capacity across the portfolio against multiple release schedules.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure customer requirements are met and incorporated into our products from concept to delivery.
- Facilitate workshops, design sprints, and stakeholder sessions in the context of agile delivery.
- Present research findings and experience visions to executive and their leadership teams.
- Champion the ongoing development and use of the REALTOR.ca Design System.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in a user experience designer role, designing intuitive digital experiences for both web and mobile apps.
- You are seasoned in fast-paced design research with 5+ years of experience leading and conducting user research.
- Strong leadership, team management, communication, and organization skills with a passion for growing and developing people.
- Complete UX skills: Workshop facilitation, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, user testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- Significant experience working with development teams, participating in scrum, working within the agile methodology.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Invision or others.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative design team that takes an insights-driven approach to developing design outcomes for end users.
- A passion and curiosity for understanding new digital technologies as they emerge.
- Experience with front-end development (HTML/CSS) is not required, but knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of digital standards and platforms would be beneficial.
- Experience in media design (graphic arts, audio/video, typography) and content development (copywriting, social media) is not required but would be beneficial.
- French language skills are an asset.
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
< Back to Careers