Ensures that CREA services and applications meet requirements as outlined in the requirements and specifications through the implementation of manual and automated test strategies across the CREA application portfolio.
Manager, Quality Assurance
The QA Test Automation Developer will work alongside Developers, System Analysts, Business Analysts and Operations Engineers to perform day-to-day duties including, but not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining test automation frameworks for CREA products
- Interacting with systems analysts, business analysts and development teams to develop a strong understanding of project and testing objectives
- Designing and creating test conditions and scripts to address the business and technical use cases
- Using tools and techniques to execute automated test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Executing the test scripts, documenting and reporting the test results
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate using existing bug reporting systems
- Participating in the troubleshooting and triage of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Building and configuring testing environments
- Maintaining the testing code and automated regression test case repository
- Training other QA staff to create automated test cases and execute automated tests
- Supporting production deployment of applications and services, performing validation testing (occasionally) during off-hours maintenance windows
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks using
- Selenium WebDriver C#, NUnit, RESTSharp, SQLClient, Jason, XML
- Experience developing test automation scripts for APIs, backend (DBs and data processing applications) and web sites
- Knowledge of .net core and .net framework
- Solid knowledge of SQL including developing and executing SQL queries to test data-intensive applications
- Solid understanding and working experience in manual and automated testing of RESTful webservices
- Experience with developing test automation for iOS and Android native apps is a big asset – Appium, SpecFlow, etc.
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration including YAML and DevOps practices.
- Working experience with Azure DevOps is an asset
- Experience in the development of test strategies and automation for front-end and back-end software solutions.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Windows batch, bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- Experience working with virtualization as a development and deployment tool.
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting, debugging and root-cause analysis.
- Bug tracking, version control and test management tools
Required Soft Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Work independently and as part of a group
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple deadlines and projects
- Be a problem owner and solver with a logical and analytical approach to solving issues
- Self-sufficient, highly motivated, resourceful individual
- Proficient in French language – an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science (or related field) or relevant experience
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers