The Sustainability Advisor provides environmental sustainability and climate change subject matter expertise, conducts research and develops new strategies to help equip CREA to lead the Canadian real estate industry to a more sustainable future. The Sustainability Advisor will be a valued member of CREA’s Strategic Impact department, which leads the implementation of the association’s corporate social responsibility strategy. The Sustainability Advisor will also support and collaborate with CREA’s Government Relations team on sustainability-related issues. This is a six-month full-time contract position with the possibility of renewal.
Associate Director, Strategic Impact
The Sustainability Advisor provides subject matter expertise, conducts research and develops new strategies to help equip CREA to lead the Canadian real estate industry to a more sustainable future.
- Research and analysis
- Strategy development
- Communication and presentation skills
- Good judgment and political acuity
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate the impacts and risks of climate change and new sustainability opportunities for CREA and the real estate industry in Canada.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Strategic Impact, to develop new sustainability strategies for CREA based on research findings and analysis, identify ways to create value for our REALTOR® members, and develop business cases to support recommendations.
- Support and collaborate with CREA’s Government Relations department on the analysis of sustainability-related government policies and their impacts on homeowners, homebuyers, and the real estate industry.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A combination of formal education in sustainability, environmental studies/science or another relevant program and more than five years of relevant work experience.
- A solid understanding of environmental sustainability principles and issues, climate change impacts and risks, and corporate/organizational sustainability trends and best practices.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to influence change.
- A self-starter with proven success working both independently and collaboratively and building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The salary range for this position $70,000.00 to $90,000.00, commensurate with experience.
While our office is located in Ottawa, Ontario, we will consider candidates based in locations across Canada for this position.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers