The Technical Writer is responsible for writing, editing, and proof-reading key technical documents that support CREA’s products and applications.
Associate Director, Training and Development
The Technical Writer will maintain current, in-depth knowledge of the functions and features of CREA’s applications and be able to effectively transfer this knowledge to CREA’s technical documentation.
- Attention to detail
- Adaptability to new software
- Create and maintain various documents, including but not limited to: task-based Help topics, installation guides, user guides, and other technical materials.
- Collect, evaluate, and analyze complex information and translate this information into an easily understandable format.
- Create and/or capture necessary graphics including, product screen captures, photos, and sketches, to insert into user documentation.
- Work cross-functionally to produce content by partnering with different teams and individual contributors and extracting information from subject matter experts.
- 3+ years of related experience as a technical writer, with technical training, preferably in software or application documentation.
- Outstanding capability in MS Office suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Technical Communication Suite, especially Adobe RoboHelp (industry standard tools), Techsmith Software, specifically Snagit (screen capture) and Camtasia (video capture).
- Experience with a digital adoption platform, such as Walk Me, Pendo.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to work in both English and French with the support of translation.
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers