Provides translation, revision, proofreading and editing services to all departments within the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
The translator will translate (mostly from English to French), revise, proofread and edit CREA material intended for its membership and external audiences.
- Customer Focus
- Results driven
- Team orientation
- Translate, revise and proofread a variety of materials for all departments within CREA, including communications and marketing material, application and website content, economic reports, correspondence, legal documents, videos, publications, surveys, information technology and course material within established deadlines.
- Accurately convey or adapt the content of the source text while preserving message, tone, style and language level required in the target language.
- Revise translation work completed by internal and external translators and ensure documents meet standards and guidelines.
- Perform terminological research and contribute to the Translation Services memory system and terminology bank.
- Communicate with authors, clients, resource persons, etc. to ensure accuracy of translation.
- Provide advice and assistance on the appropriate use of the French language.
Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in translation (English to French) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education or experience (membership in a recognized professional association, such as OTTIAQ or ATIO, is an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (oral and written) is required
- Strong attention to detail, discretion, judgment
- Knowledge of online terminology databases and tools
- Strong technical abilities: extensive experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe (PDF), and Google Docs’ skills, are required. Knowledge of LogiTerm is considered an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent time-management skills and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities while meeting deadlines in a busy environment
- Tactful and persuasive communication skills. Energetic; positive attitude; team player
*Candidates must successfully pass a written translation test
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers