The User Experience (UX) Designer develops and communicates the vision, brings concepts to life, iterates and refines them to incorporate into customer and business requirements. The ideal candidate thinks first from the customer’s perspective and set high standards for them self in developing amazing experiences.
They’ll work closely with a broad group of stakeholders and subject matter experts to inspire and lead customer centric research both internally with colleagues and externally with customers. They’ll collaborate with Business Analysts, Visual Designers, Developers, Testers, Marketing and Communications to deliver industry leading experiences across CREA’s products and services.
The ideal candidate has exceptional UX design and research experience and may also have a varied background in one or more areas such as business analysis, experience design, service design, visual design, front end development, strategy or design thinking.
Associate Director, REALTOR.ca
- Attention to detail
- User Research
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
The User Experience (UX) Designer, will promote the needs and opportunities for CREA’s customers using expert knowledge in UX design and UX research. As a member of the Research & Design team, the UX Designer will work closely with Product Managers to understand their business needs in the broader context of the REALTOR.ca digital strategy to delivery amazing product experiences.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant product experiences.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define best-in-class user experiences.
- Lead research initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve a unified strategy and solutions for touchpoints across the user’s journey.
- Apply deep knowledge and expertise in conducting foundational, formative, and evaluative user research.
- Use a range of qualitative and quantitative methods such as contextual interviews, surveys, workshops/focus groups, and usability testing.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors for omnichannel products.
- Participate in the planning process for new products and features helping drive the vision across our products.
- Own the production of designs and documents for presentation to engineers, product managers, peer design teams, and senior executives.
- Lead the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies.
- Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Designing and developing interactive prototypes across mobile, tablet and desktop experiences.
- Expert knowledge of UX practices, including qualitative and quantitative research, experience mapping, personas, wireframes, mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Minimum 3 years of UX design/development professional practice
- A passion for creating intuitive and easy to use experiences that delight end users and that solve business problems
- Proven experience with business analysis, design, and research and an understanding of business/user/customer requirements and user testing/usability testing experience
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to lead workshops and stakeholder showcases
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative design team that takes an insights-driven approach to developing design outcomes for end users
- Effective communicator and presenter, verbal, written and visual, an empathetic listener
- A passion and curiosity for understanding new digital technologies as they emerge
- Experience with front-end development (HTML/CSS) is not required, but knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of digital standards and platforms would be beneficial
- Experience in media design (graphic arts, audio/video, typography) and content development (copywriting, social media) is not required but would be beneficial
- French language skills are an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your application to email@example.com and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers