The Instructional Designer builds knowledge of the functions and features of all CREA’s products/services to design, develop, and implement engaging learning activities including self-paced e-learning modules, instructional videos, and other learning solutions as needed.
Associate Director, Learning and Development
Leads the Learning and Development team in the development of e-learning educational content for CREA staff, Board/ Association staff and REALTORS® in accordance with CREA initiatives and strategies.
- Innovation / Creativity
- Results Driven
- Technical Skills and aptitude
- Scope, design, and develop engaging digital learning content using adult learning principles and instructional design best practices to fit the needs of our learners.
- Regularly revise, update, or enhance current training content and learning assets
- Develop strategies to adapt and/or repurpose existing course content into other formats.
- Work with content developers and subject matter experts to create specific content and curriculums.
- Design and develop new training material, especially eLearning modules
- Help determine the best delivery method (personal reading, pre-recorded slide shows, interactive modules, etc.) for new and repurposed training tools
- Create and edit digital imagery, video, audio, still images, and effects as required.
- Create and use standard development processes, tools, templates, and assessments.
- Pilot and launch online courses with the help of L&D Coordinator and LMS team.
- Diploma/degree in an education-related or design-related field
- 5+ years experience with course planning, design, evaluation development, deployment, and feedback collection
- Experience in using instructional design and adult learning principles
- Experience in web design, understanding principles of branding, with proficiency in WordPress, Elementor and PHP
- Experience using authoring tools with proficiency in Articulate 360 (Storyline and Rise)
- Experience with multimedia tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Wix
- Proficient with multimedia development, graphic and video streaming
- Knowledge of content management systems (preferably SharePoint).
- Excellent judgment, creative problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent content research and analytical skills to convert information and learner needs into performance-based, engaging, and practical training solutions
- Ability to write concise, creative, and effective instruction in both English and French (assets)
- Excellent communication skills with subject matter experts, clients, managers, and team members
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Bilingualism English and French considered an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers