Ensures that CREA services and applications meet requirements as outlined in the requirements and specifications through the implementation of manual and automated test strategies across the CREA application portfolio.
Manager, Quality Assurance
Essential duties and responsibilities
You will be working alongside Developers, System Analysts, Business Analysts and Operations Engineers to perform day-to-day duties including, but not limited to:
- Developing and leading the automation strategy/effort and generating scripts to perform automated testing cycles
- Interacting with systems analysts, business analysts and development teams to develop a strong understanding of project and testing objectives
- Producing test plans based on this understanding
- Designing and creating test conditions and scripts to address the business and technical use cases
- Using tools and techniques to execute automated test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Executing the test scripts, documenting and reporting the test results
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate using existing bug reporting systems
- Participating in the troubleshooting and triage of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Building and configuring testing environments
- Maintaining the testing code and automated regression test case repository
- Training other QA staff to create automated test cases and execute automated tests
- Supporting production deployment of applications and services, performing validation testing (occasionally) during off-hours maintenance windows
- Experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver Java/C# with TestNG/Junit or Nunit
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices
- Experience in the development of test strategies and automation for complex back-end software solutions.
- Working knowledge of Web services (XML/JSON)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Windows batch, bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL including developing and executing SQL queries to test data-intensive applications
- Experience working with virtualization as a development and deployment tool.
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting, debugging and root-cause analysis.
- Bug tracking, version control and test management tools
- Experience in manual software testing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven and demonstrable experience in the areas of website and web application testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment, working independently and as part of a larger group
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple deadlines and projects
- Degree in field of specialty and/or equivalent training and/or experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a formal software-testing environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- French language skills are highly desirable but not mandatory
- Must demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- ISTQB, ITIL, or any other QA/ Programming certification is considered an asset