CREA manages various social media channels, with different objectives and target audiences. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for working with the Communications and Marketing teams on the coordination, development and optimization of organic and paid social media content and campaigns. This role is responsible for social media strategic project development as well as implementation, tactics, monitoring and reporting.
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) social media strategy, across the existing channels, to increase brand awareness, and our online presence with the REALTOR® members and the Canadian consumers. The Social Media Coordinator supports the communications and marketing strategies with the goal of promoting CREA value proposition to our members (REALTORS®) and support them with their business. On the consumer side, the applicant will promote the expertise, value and professionalism of REALTORS®, and encourage them to use their services.
- Customer Focus
- Multitasking and analytical skills
Plan and Execute the social media strategy.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing teams as well as colleagues across departments to develop and implement social media promotions (organic and paid), engagement strategies and tactics.
- Assist in the development of new and engaging social media content as well as the curation of existing social media content.
- Assist in the planning and goal setting for social media channels.
- Oversee and manage monthly calendar planning process to maximize engagement with an effective content mix supporting communications and marketing campaigns, key events and other strategic priorities.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule considering traffic and engagement metrics.
- Ensure compliance with association’s social media strategy and applicable standards and guidelines, including legal rules.
Monitor and engage
- Assist in daily moderation, reviewing discussions, replying and probing on posts and escalating stakeholders’ feedback.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve, strengthen and optimized CREA’s online presence.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing teams to monitor and respond to emerging issues/ crises as required.
Analyze and recommend
- Define most important social media KPIs.
- Measure and track performance activities for all social media platforms, identifying trends and insights, to further optimize performance.
- Prepare reports with qualitative and quantitative data, insights and analytics, and recommend strategies and tactics based on data collected.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma Communications, Marketing or Media is required.
- 3-5 years of experience as Social Media Coordinator or similar role.
- Inherent understanding of writing for a target audience(s) and with specific marketing campaign objectives in mind.
- Firm understanding of brand strategy and development.
- Experience with social media for marketing purposes.
- Experience in social media KPIs.
- Proven understanding of social media content principles.
- Demonstrated competency on all social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube for posting, engagement, boosting and reporting.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Ability to develop social media content that clearly communicates key messages in a pithy and engaging manner, in a consistent voice and reflecting good judgement.
- Demonstrated experience with scheduled publishing, paid and organic post optimization, copy writing, user engagement.
- Impeccable organizational, communication (including grammar and spelling) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to understand and communicate with different audiences.
- Ability to multi‐task and manage multiple projects with cross‐functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and highly motivated self‐starter with a results-oriented mindset.
- Creative and conceptual thinker.
- Bilingualism is strongly preferred.
A written test will be required of all candidates selected for an interview.
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers