We are looking for a Web Software Developer who is personable, results-driven, has a strong background in .NET and Azure development and proven ability to perform in an Agile environment.
IT Development Manager
The Web Software Developer works as part of an experienced and innovative team of Developers, in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Developers are responsible for designing, developing, and implementing solid, reliable, and optimized codes that assure flexibility and resilience to change and oversees its integrity as the system evolves. The role requires excellent communication & collaboration skills and technical expertise.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Team Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain console and web applications
- Design, tune, test and debug database systems, including design and development of schema, stored procedures, functions and indexes.
- Participate in architectural and system design teams with other developers, analysts and product managers
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge and understanding of CREA data and data standards, and continually strive to improve the data systems used.
- Write, review, and maintain User, Developer, and other technical documentation.
- Continuously meets or exceeds client and management expectations while juggling multiple projects with rapidly changing requirements and deadlines.
- Assist with project planning, design/UI reviews, system testing, and deliverables
- Act as a lead developer for projects when required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system errors and deficiencies promptly.
- Proactively monitor systems for performance and capacity and make recommendations for improvement.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Act as an internal consultant regarding the growth and enhancement of technology initiatives for CREA and its Member Boards and Associations.
- Act as an internal consultant to CREA Managers particularly (but not exclusively) related to; project planning, project development timelines, technology options and recommendations, and application functional, design, and user requirements.
- Act as an internal consultant to the Design Team and Graphic Artists regarding the development of application and User Interface designs and requirements.
Innovation and Learning
- Maintain an awareness of computer industry and technology developments and their relevance to existing and planned application development and maintenance.
- Mentor/coach new and existing peers on new technologies.
- Evaluate new technologies, including (but not limited to): content management systems, mobile technology and programming frameworks and methodologies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Work independently and as part of a group
- Work well under pressure, handle multiple, aggressive deadlines and projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of software development lifecycle and engineering best practices
- Customer service oriented
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Full Stack Development
- High competence in the following systems, tools and technologies:
- Environnent: Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, Git
- Languages: C#, .Net 4.0 +, .NET Core
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Cosmos DB
- Services: Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory
- Additional Skills considered an asset
- User Interface Design
- Application Architecture
- Source code management
- Content Management Systems
- Entity Framework
- Google Technologies
- College or University degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in .NET environment
- Microsoft Solutions or Professional Developer certification is considered an asset
- ITIL certification is considered an asset
- French language skills are considered an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.< Back to Careers